About Webbs Group of Companies

Webb's group of companies is proud to have been offering outstanding sales and service to our customers for over eighty years. As a family run business our strength lies in our innovative and industry leading staff that has always been committed to providing an exceptional customer experience to all of our clients.  Through three generations of owners Webb's has continued to grow and expand living up to Henry Ford's words that "coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success." and we are proud of our success.

The company was founded by George Webb Sr., a livestock buyer, who announced the launch of his new venture by placing an unimposing ad in the March 26, 1933 edition of the Vermilion Standard that simply read "I have also taken over the Massey-Harris Agency and hope to be able to serve you in that line.  The office for both businesses is now located in the Massey-Harris Building."  Not a very big advertising campaign to launch a new business venture, but then who would be optimistic enough to launch a business in the lows of the 30's without any capital or backing?  George Webb Sr. was true entrepreneur who chose to "risk more that others think is safe and dream more than others think is practical." Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks and we continue to reap the benefits of his decision.

Webb's enterprises grew and thrived in those first years and saw expansion into a feed business (1935), White Rose Service station (1939) and Elephant Brand Fertilizer (1943) and then into the Ford Motor Company in 1946.  As the business grew and diversified, the management team expanded and evolved as well with the addition of Lawrence, George and John Webb from 1946 to 1953.  In 1953 the company became George C. Webb and Sons Ltd. George Sr. passed away in 1967 leaving his sons to manage his legacy.

The 1970's saw the continued development and expansion of all divisions and was followed by a new generation of management. George Jr. stayed on as Jake Jacobson, Ray Schock and Scott Webb took the reins from Lawrence and John Webb in 1980. Dave Webb joined that group in 1986 as the business continued to thrive and invest in upgrading and expanding facilities. Dave Webb left the company in 2008 and was replaced by Mike Webb that same year.

Today George C. Webb and Sons (1980) Ltd is proud of their Ford Dealership, Crop Services and three Machinery locations."Just like any business is a living, breathing thing, an entrepreneur has to be able to adapt over time." Robert Herjavec, Founder and CEO of Herjavec Group"  Webb's commitment to our communities and entrepreneurial spirit has stood the test of time and is well situated for continued success moving forward with a strong management team and dedicated staff who value innovation, integrity and outstanding customer service.